Sunday, 28 February 2010

Auckland joys and Auckland woes

Lawrence's new video recorder thingy has been a welcome addition to the Auckland popshow world in recent months. It's great for watching videos for brilliant shows I went to and not leaving me feeling like I'm on the wrong side of the world. When I'm spending a Saturday afternoon sitting in the park around the corner from my flat and watching The Bats things can seem pretty good. Thanks to Lawrence for proof.





I may nor may not be motivated to write about the Pobpah show from Wednesday, but let me assure you it was very different to the first time I saw them and L's blog post pretty clearly explains why (along with some great footage pre-moron takeover). Whether the aggressive crowd is an NZ thing or not is debatable - maybe it's just the inevitable associations of a band 'crossing over' - but whatever it is, the show didn't leave me with the same 'isn't the world a lovely place' feeling the Buffalo bar show two years previously had done.

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

The PoBPaH show certainly was weird. There comes a point at a show like that where your annoyance at certain people in the crowd starts to overwhelm your enjoyment of the actual music. What annoyed me was that the band could have probably called time on ot by asking the guy to get off the stage, stop holding the mic. etc. Their tacit approval just seemed to make his behaviour worse.